Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an easy, delicious grilled appetizer sure to please the taste buds.
- 10 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped (green onions)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and discard. Brush tops and insides of mushrooms with olive oil.
- Grill for 3 minutes, turn and grill another 3 minutes. Remove to a serving plate and cover.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, fry bacon. Remove bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel. When cooled down, crumble into small pieces.
- Into a heat-proof container, drain bacon grease, reserving about 1 tbs. Return skillet to heat.
- In the hot skillet, sautee scallions and garlic until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Turn mushrooms so that the insides are exposed. Sprinkle with scallion-garlic mixture, crumbled bacon and then grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!