Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I don't buy artichokes often but when we do we enjoy these. I like the roasted red pepper dip with the grilled chokes. The presentation is very nice too, these would be great for a dinner party for just grilling outdoors, your choice.
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup caesar ranch mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 18 baby artichokes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Prepare dip first by placing the peppers and garlic in food processor and process until very smooth.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, 2 Tbl. hot sauce, and 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- Process until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Then wash and trim outer leaves of artichokes.
- Cut 1/2 inch off top of artichokes, then cut in half lengthwise.
- Place chokes and 1 cup water and 1/4 teaspoons salt in microwave safe bowl.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH for 8 minutes until tender.
- Thread artichoke halves onto metal skewers.
- Prepare grill.
- Combine 1/4 cup hot sauce and butter in small bowl.
- Brush mixture over artichokes.
- Place artichokes on grill for 5 minutes, turning and basting often with sauce mixture.
- Serve artichokes with Roasted Red pepper dip.