Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
If you have never tried grilled veggies, this recipe could possibly convert you. It did for me! I usually cut the recipe for the aioli in half as it gives off a large amount and I tend to only like a drizzle on my veggies
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- 1 cup mayonnaise (low fat or regular)
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped
- Aioli: Whisk vinegr honey, and saffron threads in small saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to boil. Remove from heat. Cool completely. Combine and season with salt and pepper (Can be made 1 day ahead, cover and chill).
- Toss asparagus with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grease the grill with either Pam or olive oil. Place asparagus directly on the grill and cook until crisp tender, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes. Transfer to platter. Drizzle aioli over asparagus. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Asparagus can be served hot or at room temperature.