Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 lbs large asparagus, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon bbq seasoning (Neely's Seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon bbq seasoning (Neely's Seasoning)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, slightly softened
- Break off ends of asparagus.
- For the butter:.
- Mix rub into butter. Spread the butter mixture lengthwise across a piece of plastic wrap. Roll the butter up tightly into a log and twist the ends. Refrigerate.
- Preheat grill. If using a stovetop grill, use medium-high heat. Gently toss asparagus with seasoning, oil and salt and pepper, to taste. Grill asparagus until tender, turning once, about 6 minutes. Serve with barbecue butter.
We really enjoyed this. We can't get Neely's Seasoning so I used an Aussie B-B-Q seasoning and baby asparagus which I cooked on the indoor grill (they only took 3 minutes). Looking forward to having the butter on a steak next or next time we have asparagus. Thank you Brookely26 and the Neely's, made for Iron Chef - and The Secret Ingredient is......