Copycat recipe from Annabelle's Bar and Bistro in San Fransisco, California. My husband enjoyed this protein rich salad while there for a convention recently. (He even texted the recipe ingredients to me between bites! What a guy!) If little gem lettuce is not available, use an equal amount of butter lettuce and romaine. For a main dish meal, add grilled chicken or turkey. I am positively certain you can prepare this at home for much less than what the restaurant charges: US15 dollars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 asparagus spears, roasted
- 4 cups little gem lettuce (sucrine)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, drained
- 2 tablespoons roasted pistachios
- 6 stuffed pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1/2 small cucumber, peeled and diced very small
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt, drained
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, minced
- white pepper, to taste
- milk or buttermilk, for thinning
- 1Prepare the dressing: Place the diced cucumber in a bowl and sprinkle with salt; stir. Set the the cucumber in a colander placed over the bowl and set aside to drain; about 30 minutes. Rinse to remove salt and drain again.
- 2Place the remaining salad dressing ingredients in a bowl and stir in the cucumbers to mix well. Cover and chill under ready to serve.
- 3Prepare the asparagus: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly drizzle asparagus spears with olive oil and roast for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 4Arrange the lettuce on two chilled salad plates.
- 5Top each serving with cottage cheese, asparagus spears, green olives and the roasted pistachios.
- 6Spoon dressing over each serving.
- 7Garnish with fresh dill sprigs if desired.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Asparagus over Greens for 2
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.4
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 17.1 mg
- Sodium 271.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento-stuffed green olives