Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
*I found this in a cookbook I once had. I don’t remember the exact recipe, but this one is quite good. Note: The fat content will be less than listed due to the fact that the marinade is discarded. The amount of oil listed is required in order to marinade the chicken. Not much is absorbed.
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 golden delicious apples, unpeeled and sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- Combine first 6 ingredients to make marinade.
- The original recipe called for salt (I think 1/4 tsp, however I do not add it).
- Add chicken and apples and marinade a minimum of ½ hour.
- Cook chicken on hot grill approximately 400% (indoor actually works better) for about 10 minutes, turn and then add apples to grill.
- You may have to remove apples before chicken.
- When chicken is done approx 10 minutes (juices running clear), place on serving dish.
- Add your favorite rice (I like to use ½ water, and ½ apple juice to cook rice (using package direction but substituting half of the water with apple juice), and a few finely chopped apples, cored and peeled.