Recipe by PSU Lioness
I found this on a food blog that promised healthy meals that were ready in 12 minutes or less. This takes about 12 minutes from start to finish. The sour/sweet from the Granny Smith apple contrasts perfectly to the sharpness of the cheddar for a pleasing lunch. Add a slice or two of turkey lunch meat for some extra flavor. I've also replaced the butter that is usually used for grilling with cooking spray to save some calories.
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- 1 slice sharp cheddar cheese (you can use 2 slices if you'd like)
- 1⁄2 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon deli mustard
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Between 2 slices of whole-grain bread, layer 1 to 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese and green apple slices.
- Spread one slice of the bread with deli mustard.
- Spray top of sandwich with non-stick cooking spray. Place it in the pan to grill with this side down. Spray the "new" top of the sandwich with non-stick cooking spray.
- Grill in a nonstick pan for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or cook in a panini press until cheese is melted.