Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Found this in Rachael Ray August 2007 - and I love anything with champagne! (Cook time is steep time so approx depending on your desired refrigeration time)
- 2 tablespoons green tea leaves
- 750 ml Brut champagne, chilled (or Prosecco)
- mint leaf, for garnish (optional)
- Steep the tea leaves in 2 cups cold water for 6 hours.
- Strain, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- To serve, fill champagne glasses halfway with the green tea and top off with the champagne and mint leaves, if desired.
- Enjoy! ;).
I did as directed but I added a few chunks of fresh ginger and a tablespoon of honey to the tea while steeping. Gave it a very light gingery sweet flavor that I really loved with the green tea and champagne! A great excuse to drink champagne and get your antioxidants from the green tea! Went well with the left over soy chicken and soba noodles I had last night! Thanks Chelle!!