Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe contains green chiles which is different from the other recipes posted. We make this every year for Thanksgiving and we fight over the left overs. We usually double the recipe. Feel free to use more or less broccoli to suit your tastes. You can increase the ratio of rice to broccoli if you have picky eaters. If you increase the amount of rice also increase the amount of Cheez Whiz.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (10 ounce) bagchopped broccoli or 1 (10 ounce) bagbaby broccoli florets
- 1 (8 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- In a saute pan, onion and celery in butter until soft.
- In large saucepan combine soup, Cheez Whiz, water and green chiles over medium heat.
- In large casserole dish, combine rice, broccoli, and soup mixture. Stir in onion and celery. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Good recipe, easy to follow. I used brown rice also. Very rich and tasty, and my son like it also, even though he is a picky eater.
Good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I used brown rice as that is all I buy. We enjoyed it.
This was nice and cheesy! I enjoyed the broccoli wiand used brown rice. I liked the chilies in it too. Thanks! Made for PRMR game.