Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light, May 2006.
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup pepitas (raw green pumpkinseeds)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package miniature marshmallows (about 5 cups)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups oven-toasted crispy rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add pumpkinseeds; cook 4 minutes or until seeds begin to pop and lightly brown, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Lightly coat a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in marshmallows; cook 2 minutes or until smooth, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and salt. Stir in reserved seeds, cereal, and cranberries.
- Scrape mixture into prepared dish using a rubber spatula.
- Lightly coat hands with cooking spray; press cereal mixture evenly into prepared dish.
- Cool completely. Cut into 16 bars.
This was awesome. I got it in the Cooking Light email and made them for Christmas. I didn't add salt but it didn't affect the taste at all.