Recipe by Sonya01
put in for green, eggs & ham tag. Tip: You can make these lamingtons in any colour you like. Just replace the green food colouring with the shade of your choice. Or, to keep the Christmas theme going, make red lamingtons as well as green
- 130 g desiccated coconut (1 1/2 cups)
- 20 drops green food coloring
- 175 g bought plain single-square sponge cakes
- 425 g powdered sugar icing, sifted (2 3/4 cups)
- 125 ml hot water (1/2 cup)
- 5 drops green food coloring, extra
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the coconut in a plastic bag. Add the food colouring and shake and rub until well combined. Transfer to a plate.
- Use a large serrated knife to trim the crusts from the top and bottom of the cake. Cut the cake into 3 even portions, then cut each portion into 6 squares. Place the icing sugar mixture into a heatproof bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water. Add the hot water and extra food colouring and use a whisk to stir for 5 minutes or until smooth and runny.
- Use 2 forks to dip each cake square in the icing mixture to coat. Shake off excess. Roll the cake in the coconut mixture to evenly coat. Transfer to a wire rack to set.