Happy Hippie's Note:
This recipe is published in one of my favorite little cookbooks, "Taste of Home Fast Fixes with Mixes." My daughter made these terrific muffins while she was here on vacation. They were very easy to make using a cake mix and corn bread mix. To double the recipe, use a standard 18-ounce box of yellow cake mix. These go great with chili, mexican soup and other tex-mex dishes. Everybody, adults and kids alike, loved them. If I recall correctly, she did not use paper muffin liners, they were put into greased tins. She made several standard size muffins as well as jumbo muffins. These would freeze well so is good for OAMC.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, combine dry corn bread and cake mixes.
- 2In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, water and oil.
- 3Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 4Add chilies and 3/4 cup cheese.
- 5Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until muffins test done.
- 7Immediately sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 8Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 9Serve warm.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Chilies Corn Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1052 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.2
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 35.5 mg
- Sodium 329.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 4.6 g