Recipe by bamamom#3
These moist muffins are tasty with mexican dishes, chili and soups. Spicy corn muffins with a surprising sweetness.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) cornbread-muffin mix
- 1 (9 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped and drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine dry corn bread and cake mixes. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, water and oil. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Add chilies and 3/4 cup cheese. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Immediately sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.