1/3 Photos of Green Beans To Impress
This simple dish has a lot going for it: fresh green beans, toasted nuts, and the salty goodness of fresh parmesan slivers. It's very easy, yet looks stunning with the parmesan shards -- and it will definitely impress your guests.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Top and tail the beans, but leave them whole.
- 2Bring a large pot of water to boil and, when boiling, drop beans in; cook approximately eight minutes or until beans are tender-crisp (if you like your beans to be softer, by all means cook them longer).
- 3Drain well and set aside.
- 4In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- 5Add walnuts to pan and, stirring frequently to prevent burning, cook walnuts for 2 or 3 minutes, or until they start to turn golden and are fragrant.
- 6Add drained beans to skillet and toss gently, making sure beans get coated with butter.
- 7Heat through for one minute, stirring gently once or twice, then turn out onto a shallow serving platter.
- 8Shave or sliver parmesan so it is in shards (most box graters have a slicing side, and this works well), and place all parmesan slivers on top of beans and walnuts; serve immediately.
- 9Note: if you absolutely cannot find a cheese counter where you can buy a piece of parmesan cheese, use 1/4 cup grated, but please make sure it is freshly grated; there is a huge flavour difference between fresh and the grated stuff you can buy off the shelf.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans To Impress
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.5
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.5 mg
- Sodium 116.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 6.3 g