Cook1 hr 5 mins
These flavorful beans can be made with fresh or frozen green beans.
Make and share this Green Beans the Old Fashioned Way recipe from Food.com.
- Wash beans and snap them into 1 1/2" pieces, discarding ends.
- Cover with water and add salt and bacon grease.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to simmer and continue cooking for about an hour.
- Pour off water and add 2 T butter. Let sit with lid on for a minute for butter to melt, then toss beans a little to distribute butter.