Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Good old Southern side dish. My Granny made this one.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 dash pepper
- 4 cups fresh cooked beans or 4 cups canned green beans (hot)
- Saute bacon in skillet until brown.
- Remove and set aside.
- To skillet add onion and saute until tender.
- Return bacon, add seasonings and beans.
- Heat through.
These were good and will use recipe again. Thanks, TJ
My husband loved this recipe and so did I. Only our toddler preferred the plain green beans. The recipe doesn't say, but I drained the fat off after sauting the onions.
Wonderful green beans. I used canned green beans and flavor was great. I'm sure fresh would have been 100 times better, but they aren't available here right now.