Chef #784013's Note:
From Ina Garten. I modified the directions: Toast the pine nuts first and and then use the same pan to blanch and saute the garlic and green beans. Drain and dry the green beans before heating the oil to saute. Saute the garlic in the oil before adding the beans, instead of adding the garlic at the end with the rest of the gremolata mixture. Original recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/green-beans-gremolata-recipe/index.html
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb French style green bean, trimmed (haricots verts)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced (2 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Place pine nuts in a dry sauté pan over low heat and cook 5 to 10 minutes, stirring often, until lightly browned. Set aside.
- 2Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add green beans and blanch 2 to 3 minutes, until tender but still crisp.
- 3Drain beans in a colander and immediately put them in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and preserve their bright green color.
- 4To make gremolata, toss lemon zest, parsley, parmesan, and pine nuts together in a small bowl and set aside.
- 5Drain beans and pat dry.
- 6When ready to serve, heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- 7Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- 8Add beans to skillet and sauté, turning frequently, 2 minutes, until coated with olive oil and heated through.
- 9Remove beans from hot pan and transfer to a serving platter or bowl (adding the gremolata mixture directly to the hot pan will melt the parmesan and make it gooey, even if the pan is off the heat).
- 10Add the gremolata to the beans, and toss well.
- 11Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans Gremolata
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.8
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.3 mg
- Sodium 773.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 3.9 g