Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Goes well with Potatoes Stuffed With Ham and Gruyere. Served together and with garlic bread, a very tasty meal. (Cooking Light)
- 1 lb green beans (fresh or canned)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Cook cut green beans in boiling water, if fresh, 5 minutes till tender crisp. If using canned, just drain. Drain beans and rinse in cold water.
- Combine fresh lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, basil, salt and pepper in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Combine green beans with the tomatoes and toss with the vinaigrette.
- Add pine nuts just before serving.
Delicious! I made this with fresh green beans, and chopped plum tomatoes. I sauted the pine nuts for just a minute in 1 t butter. The dressing is really good. Very easy to make.
I just finished making this salad for tonight's dinner, but I don't think it's going to last that long! I used fresh basil and chopped plum tomatoes, and it's delicious! I keep picking at it, it definitely won't survive until tonight. My poor guests, they'll just have to miss out...
Didn't change thing made it up in the am and added the pine nuts just before serving Excellent salad enjoyed by all