This is a recipe I found in a Sunset Magazine. With its pesto-like flavorings and bright lemon dressing this is a great way to serve green beans. ***Note*** Make this about 3 hours ahead to allow the flavors blend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread nuts out on a baking pan and bake until golden under skins (break one to test), 10 to 15 minutes. When nuts are cool enough to handle, rub in a kitchen towel to remove as many skins as possible. Chop coarsely and set aside.
- 2In a 6 quart pot over high heat, bring 3 quarts water to a boil. Add green beans and cook until just crisp-tender, 4 to 7 minutes. Drain in a colander and plunge beans into a bowl of ice water to cool. Drain again and set aside.
- 3In a small bowl, stir together the mint leaves, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt to make the dressing. Drizzle in the hazelnut oil, whisking constantly.
- 4In a large bowl, gently toss the beans with dressing and hazelnuts. Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Bean, Hazelnut, and Mint Salad With Lemon Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.8
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 202.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g