Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Rachael Ray Magazine. I have had different variations of this when dining out but have never tried at home. I have not made this recipe yet, either, but I figured I would post it because it sounds so good, and so easy to make. Hope you like it.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4-1 cup cold water
- 3⁄4 lb green beans
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (for serving)
- vegetable oil, for frying
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk in 3/4 to 1 cup cold water to form a smooth batter.
- Fill a skillet with enough oil to reach a depth of 1 to 2 inches and heat over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Drop a bit of batter into pan; if it sizzles immediately, the oil is hot enough.
- Working in four batches, using tongs, dip beans in batter and add to oil. Fry until golden, about four minutes. Transfer to paper towels and repeat with the remaining beans.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
These turned out really nice and crispy, great batter. Somewhat light on flavor, I sprinkled a lot of salt on top of them, as I would on top of chips. Served with V's Southwestern Dip 381464, great together.