Recipe by loof
My mom was cleaning out one of her closets and came across several folders full of recipes that she had clipped from magazines and newpapers over the years. I'm not sure what publication this one came from. The title says "casserole" but it's really more of a hot pasta salad. Microwave cooking makes this a quick and easy meal!
Top Review by sheepdoc
This was very tasty. It seemed an odd combination and the kidney beans seemed out of place, but together, it was all very good. I think it will be even better cold for lunch tomorrow. Next time, I'll use less dressing. Made for ZWT - 9.
- 2 cups pasta (macaroni or rotini)
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup red kidney beans (canned, drained)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna (water packed, drained)
- 1⁄2 cucumber, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 8 small black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions (microwave or stovetop). Drain well.
- Put green beans in a 3-quart casserole. Cover and microwave on high 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add kidney beans, tuna and cucumber. Cover and microwave on high 2 minutes.
- Add hot pasta to tuna mixture and toss well.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar and mustard. Pour over casserole mixture and toss to coat well. Sprinkle with feta and garnish with olives.
- Serve immediately.