Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Whipping up this savory pie is a cinch when you keep frozen puff pastry on hand. Remember to use a very sharp knife to cut the pastry - if the edges of the dough are pressed together, it won't rise evenly.
Top Review by Abbey Librarian
This was delicious! The only changes I made was that I used phyllo dough instead of puffed pastry. I also made my own creamed spinach & added a bit of cheddar. I didn't think 4 eggs is quite necessary, so I decreased it to 2.5 (3 total, the half of the 3rd went to glaze the top). The phyllo dough & other changes worked great. This will definitely be a frequent meal in our house!
- 4 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2⁄3 cup chopped scallion
- 2 teaspoons dried all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (which is half of a 17.3-oz. pkg.)
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat 12x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Beat 4 eggs; stir in spinach, feta, scallions, and seasoning. Transfer to baking dish.
- On lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry sheet into 13x10-inch rectangle. Cut into 3/4-inch-wide strips; brush with the 1 beaten egg. Arrange pastry in lattice over filling. Bake 25 minutes or until golden.