Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Based on the traditional Greek spinach pie (spanakopita).
- 1 Pillsbury ready made pie dough
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (or 2T fresh dill)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Unroll pie crust and form into 8 or 9" pie pan.
- Saute onion in butter and olive oil for 3 minutes over medium heat. Add spinach (thawed and drained) and saute for another 10 minutes. Do not brown.
- In large bowl, lightly beat eggs with fork. Add cottage cheese, feta cheese, dill and spinach onion mixture. Pour into pie crust and top with grated Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until slightly brown on top. Cool before cutting. Best eaten warm, not hot.