Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
This is from the Slim Lines column of the Thursday magazine. Enjoy!
- 44 ml olive oil
- 44 ml lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 680 g boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 lemon slices
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of wax paper and pound lightly with a mallet or other heavy flat object to flatten slightly.
- Transfer chicken to a dish.
- Add marinade and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Turn on broiler.
- Place breasts in a shallow baking dish.
- Brush with half the marinade.
- Broil for 4-5 minutes.
- Turn, brush with the remaining marinade, and broil for another 4-5 minutes or until browned.
- Serve with pan juices.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley and garnished with lemon slices.
Absolutely superb! I served it with brown rice and a salad and everybody raved. Don't change a thing. Thank you so much for sharing this.
I followed the recipe as described, changing only the method of cooking. We grilled the breasts on a indoor grill instead of broiling in the oven. I myself thought it was nice but my husband thought it was ok. The breasts did turn out very juicy but did lack something...I'm not quite sure what. Being of Greek descent this recipe would not pass as 'Greek' at Papou's home. Maybe next time I will add more lemon & oregano. All in all I would make it again.
This was good, just a tad dry. I put it on linguini with a little olive oil. It was better the next day, sliced and put on salad. I will make it again. I did it just as she said.