1/2 Photos of Greek Lemon Chicken
From recipe+ magazine. Have not included 15 minute chilling time in times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse chicken under cold water and then pat dry with paper towels.
- 2Cut chickens in half lengthwise.
- 3Finely grate zest from 1 lemon and then whisk zest, juice (of the lemon), oil, garlic and oregano in a small bowl.
- 4Place chicken in a glass or ceramic dish and drizzle with half the marinade and then turn to coat and reserve remaining marinade and cover the chicken with plastic wrap and chill for 15 minutes to marinate.
- 5Preheat barbecue to moderate.
- 6Drain marinade from chicken and discard the marinade.
- 7Spray chicken with oil and then add chicken, cut side down, to barbecue grill, cook, covered for 15 minutes.
- 8Turn chicken, basting every 5 minutes with reserved marinade and cover to cook for 15 to 20 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- 9Transfer chicken to a heatproof plate and cover with foil to rest for 5 minutes.
- 10Cut remaining lemons into quarters and spray with oil and add to the barbecue grill, cook turning for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned and heated.
- 11Serve chicken with salad and lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Lemon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (566 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1160.4
- Calories from Fat 776
- Total Fat 86.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 365.0 mg
- Sodium 341.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 86.4 g