Recipe by LorenLou
Another terrific one from my MIL! Great with anything from the grill.
Top Review by CookieQ
I come from a SUPER Greek family, and everybody loved it! Instead of the canned olives i used pitted kalamata olives and chopped them up myself. I also used LOTS of fresh garlic instead of the garlic salt. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 loaf French bread
- 8 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped black olives (or if you prefer a coarser chop, chop about 1/2 large can of whole black olives)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- garlic salt
- seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice the loaf of French bread horizontally through the middle so that you have two"boats".
- Place bread on jelly roll pan, or in other large casserole dish, cut sides up.
- (Or you can place bread in a"boat" made out of foil, for the grill).
- Combine all ingredients, including garlic salt and seasoned salt to taste.
- (I use liberal amounts).
- With spatula, spread each half of the French bread with the mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes.