Prep 30 mins
Cook 32 mins
This is an adopted recipe. Please let me know whether you try it, and how it turns out via a review. I will take suggestions into consideration for editing. Thanks!
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, minced
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large eggplant (cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks)
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- In a shallow baking dish, combine 1/2 cup yogurt, 2 tablespoons mint, half of the garlic, and a pinch of oregano.
- Add the eggplant and toss to coat well.
- Cover and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Thread the eggplant and tomatoes onto skewers.
- Broil or grill about 4 inches from the heat for about 2 minutes on each side.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining yogurt, mint, garlic, and oregano.
- Use as a dipping sauce for the kabobs.
I cooked these on a BBQ and they were a hit with everyone, vegetarians and non vegetarians alike. I let them marinate overnight, and cut the tomatoes into halves. A great recipe, and very easy.