Prep 30 mins
Cook 14 mins
- 1 (8 ounce) carton plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add chicken.
- Seal bag and shake until chicken in well coated.
- Marinate chicken in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from mariinade, reserving marinade.
- Place chicken on a rack in a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat with electric oven door partially opened for about 7 minutes.
- Turn chicken; spoon reserved marinade over chicken and top with feta cheese.
- Broil 7 minutes or until done.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Marinating chicken using marinade of raw chicken is very, very unhealthy and poses a salmonella poisoning risk. Never use reserved marinade from raw chicken to flavor cooked chicken.
It was quite tasty. We put 1/4 cup of the marinade aside to baste with, so that way we didn't have to baste with the same sauce we marinated with. It was a nice main course for a great Greek Dinner!!
Since I was unable to broil I put the chicken with all the marinade in an oven bag. It was very tender and flavorful. I also used less feta during the cooking time and put more of the fresh on top. Although cooking it my way it did not brown as it would under the broiler so if you go my way serve with tomato-rice pilaf and bright green broccoli!