Recipe by Pesto lover
Quick and easy Greek dinner. Serve with a simple salad.
Top Review by alligirl
Simple and easy, this made a tasty one-pan meal. I followed directions as written, except I used chicken tenders, as it is what was on hand. I did reduce the browning and cooking time, so as not to dry the tenders out. This was satisfying and will certainly go into my 'easy weeknight dinner' folder. Thanks for sharing, Pesto Lover!
- 1 chicken, cut up
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml orzo pasta
- 44.37 ml tomato paste
- 946.36 ml water
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 29.58 ml parsley, chopped, for garnish
- 1 small lemon, in wedges, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, saute onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add tomato paste, water, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 30 minutes, covered.
- Add orzo and stir regularly until orzo is tender.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley and lemon wedges on the side.