Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy meatless casserole that's great for a brunch or weekend breakfast.
- 3 cups frozen diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped and undrained
- 1 1⁄2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 medium green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In baking dish, layer potatoes, corn, bell peppers, chilies and 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, cottage cheese and garlic powder with a wire wisk until blended well.
- Slowly pour egg mixture into the baking dish over the potato mixture.
- Sprinkle with onions and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake about 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.