Delicious Potatoe dish which is very filling and can be eaten with Steak, fish etc... Is very tasty and simple to make.
My Private Note
- 1first you'll need a potatoe slicer, otherwise, you'll spend forever thinly slicing potatoes for this dish.
- 2next you'll need a good deep'ish glass bowl that is oven friendly to cook it in.
- 3I generally heat up the oven at 150C degrees for this dish, although with experience you can choose your own setting.
- 4slice potatoes and layer in dish, adding the odd peppercorn, again according to taste.
- 5Cover them with 1 half double cream (works best) and 1 half Milk Add the salt into the mix.
- 6then put in oven and leave for roughly 45mins-1hour.
- 7When adding the milk/cream mix, just cover the potatoes, make sure that they're not floating too much, otherwise, it takes longer to cook.
- 8This is the original French recipe, I learnt this when I was working in a restaurant in the South of France when I was 14years old.
- 9Other people have been known to add a dash of Nutmeg, even an egg to the milk/cream mix and even add grated Cheese to to the top, but generally it all depends on taste.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gratin Dauphinois
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g