Recipe by conniecooks
Pears work equally well. Nice when friends come for coffee.
Top Review by angelfan
DELICIOUS! I made cup cakes with this, it made 15 cup cakes, i baked them 20 min at 350. Sort of like a mini coffee cake, yet could be used as a cup cake too. It took two average size apples to make 1 cup grated apple. The topping just adds the right amount of taste. Not heavy. Thank you conniecooks for this.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated apple
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine flour with sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In separate bowl beat egg with melted butter and milk.
- Combine ingredients and stir in apples.
- Transfer to a buttered 8" square baking pan.
- In small bowl mix together flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cut in cold butter until mixture resemble coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven for 40-45 min or until centre springs back when lightly touched. Cool.