Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pears work equally well. Nice when friends come for coffee.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated apple
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- In large bowl, combine flour with sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In separate bowl beat egg with melted butter and milk.
- Combine ingredients and stir in apples.
- Transfer to a buttered 8" square baking pan.
- In small bowl mix together flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cut in cold butter until mixture resemble coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven for 40-45 min or until centre springs back when lightly touched. Cool.
DELICIOUS! I made cup cakes with this, it made 15 cup cakes, i baked them 20 min at 350. Sort of like a mini coffee cake, yet could be used as a cup cake too. It took two average size apples to make 1 cup grated apple. The topping just adds the right amount of taste. Not heavy. Thank you conniecooks for this.
Made this for Mothers Day. What a hit. I also chose to use Recipe #140488 on top of this. For me I chose to double the apples in this. Thanks for posting this for us to try. Will be making this again along with those this recipe went out to in my family.
HELP!!! Do you squeeze the juices from the grated appled???????<br/><br/>Thank You for Your Time!!!