Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very elegant, but soooo easy. Very good light dessert after a substantial meal. The water clinging to the grapes and the brown sugar make a sauce, and the added flavors of the sour cream and nutmeg make a yummy dessert. I have a collection of bouillon soup cups and saucers that I use for this dessert as well as mousses, sherberts, etc.
- 6 -8 bunches thompson green grapes, a medium cluster for each serving
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup sour cream
- grated nutmeg
- Wash the grapes and while still wet, pull them from the stems and place them in the dish from which they will be served.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the grapes, and roll them around in the sugar until they are completely coated.
- Top the grapes with the sour cream and refriger- ate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, place the grapes into individual dessert dishes and sprinkle about 1/4 1teaspoon of nutmeg over each serving-- (more or less according to your taste.).
I enjoyed this for dessert today. Instead of sour cream, I used fat-free plain yogurt and it was simply DELICIOUS!!! Thank you for posting such a cool dessert!