Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nifty alcohol-free cocktail perfect for any time of day. From the Southwest chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Chill all ingredients well.
- Beat egg yolk; add grapefruit juice slowly, beating constantly.
- Add honey and salt.
- Beat egg white until stiff and add grapefruit juice mixture slowly.
- Mix well and pour into a chilled glass and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- **Variations include: half orange juice and half lemon juice instead of grapefruit juice or use kumquat, tangerine, grape or pineapple juice with half lemon or lime juice.