Recipe by smoke alarm jr
I love the flavor of Grape Nut Flakes and I have found a few of my favorite recipes with this cereal off of the Kraft website. I forget about the low fat cooking when these come straight out of the oven -the ole butter gets smeared on! =) These are also perfect for those folks looking for low sugar muffins.
Top Review by Helgaf
Love this recipe although didn't have the exact ingredients so had to change it a little. Had grape nuts so soaked them in the milk before adding to the dry mixture. didn't have brown sugar so used coconut sugar instead. Did use raisins and wanted to add walnuts too but forgot. This is perfect with a cup of coffee and I am sure it would be perfect with tea, too. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup chunky applesauce
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup grape nut flakes cereal
- 1⁄2 raisins (optional) or 1⁄2 dates (optional) or 1⁄2 cranberries (optional) or 1⁄2 other dried fruits (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the first 5 ingredients.
- Stir beaten egg into milk then add applesauce and stir well.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry stirring well.
- Stir in melted butter, cereal, and raisins.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 degress for about 20 minutes.