Recipe by 4Susan
From the Concord Grape Association. *I have made this recipe since posting it - It's very good, sweet with a nice lemon punch - my kids and dh liked them. Depending on what size you cut your carrots I think the 10 minutes cooking time with the glaze is plenty (go ahead & skip the cooking in salted water or just lightly blanch them; mine came out too mushy when I boiled them AND cooked w/the glaze for 10m); also there is enough glaze for 4-5 cups of carrots (I used regular carrots).
- 2 bunches young carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup concord grape jam
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons toasted chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Pare carrots and cut into 2-inch pieces by slicing diagonally.
- Cook until tender in lightly salted water then drain.
- Combine butter, Concord grape jam, lemon juice, lemon peel and ginger in a saucepan then add carrots.
- Cook for 10 minutes over moderate heat, turning often to thoroughly glaze carrots.
- Garnish with pecans.