Well not really garbage all the good stuff - they are chewy but firm. This recipe was adapted from the BHG Food Gifts 2012 magazine and found on Lady Behind the Curtain. Might have to add more granola if it's wet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups granola cereal, large clusters broken up
- 1/2 cup dry roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup honey-roasted almond, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 / cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, baking pieces melted
- 1Line a 8x8-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan.
- 2Grease foil; set aside.
- 3In a small saucepan combine brown sugar, honey, butter, and peanut butter.
- 4Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat, simmer for 2 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6In a large bowl stir together granola, sunflower kernels, peanut, almonds and peanut butter pieces.
- 7Add brown sugar mixture to granola mixture; toss to combine.
- 8Immediately press granola mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- 9Chill about 15 minutes or until firm.
- 10Use foil to lift uncut bars out of pan.
- 11Place on a cutting board; cut into 8x1-inch bars.
- 12Transfer bars to a sheet of waxed paper.
- 13Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- 14Let stand about 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granola Garbage Sticks
Serving Size: 1 (899 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.1
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 203.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 39.1 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
peanut butter chips