Recipe by mary winecoff
Quick and easy cookie that starts with a cake mix. Add some goodies and these cookies are wonderful. Recipe from Camilla Saulsbury
- yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups granola cereal
- 3⁄4 cup dried fruit (raisins,dried cranberries etc.)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, place half of the cake mix along with the brown sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Blend with an electric mixer set on medium-high speed for 1-2 minutes until smooth. Stir in remaining cake mix, granola, dried fruit and chocolate chunks with a wooden spoon until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Drop dough by teaspoons, 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 9-13 minutes or until set at edges. Cool 1 minute on sheets. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.