Top Review by Mrs. Porter
I thought these were really good. I had some low-fat granola from Aldi that I wasn't eating because it was like gnawing on a cinnamon stick. Turns out it made great cookies. I wouldn't use special or homemade granola for this, though, unless it was in danger of going stale otherwise. As other reviews have said, they do pretty much taste like dressed-up oatmeal cookies. But for those of us who hate to let food go to waste, magically turning so-so granola into a yummy dressed-up oatmeal cookies was a real win! Thanks!
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 14.79 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 473.18 ml granola cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening and brown sugar; add eggs, milk and vanilla beating well.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix well and add to sugar mixture.
- Stir in granola; drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are browned.