Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I was raised on this recipe and my kids and grandbabies love it with mashed potatoes. The meat is very tender and you just keep eating it until you feel so full you could pop!
- Trim any excess fat.
- Brown pork chops in frypan with oil.
- When browned but not thoroughly cooked spread mustard over both sides of chops.
- Pour the cans of soup over the pork chops and let simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Keep an eye on it so it doesn't get dry.
- If the chops are thick like Costco chops you may want to add a little more water and cook a little longer.
- When meat is tender take the chops out of the pan and add some milk and stir to make a gravy.
- Bring to boil and add cornstarch and water mixture.
- Add more milk if it gets to thick.
- Add salt if needed.
- Bring to boil and put chops into the gravy.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or white rice.
It was pretty good, everything looked the same and tasted the same. I think the overall recipe is interesting. A lot you can do with it.