1 hr 5 mins
dustypenny #2's Note:
I was raised on this recipe and my kids and grandbabies love it with mashed potatoes. The meat is very tender and you just keep eating it until you feel so full you could pop!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim any excess fat.
- 2Brown pork chops in frypan with oil.
- 3When browned but not thoroughly cooked spread mustard over both sides of chops.
- 4Pour the cans of soup over the pork chops and let simmer for about 45 minutes.
- 5Keep an eye on it so it doesn't get dry.
- 6If the chops are thick like Costco chops you may want to add a little more water and cook a little longer.
- 7When meat is tender take the chops out of the pan and add some milk and stir to make a gravy.
- 8Bring to boil and add cornstarch and water mixture.
- 9Add more milk if it gets to thick.
- 10Add salt if needed.
- 11Bring to boil and put chops into the gravy.
- 12Serve over mashed potatoes or white rice.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grannie's belly-busting pork chops!
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.6
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 95.1 mg
- Sodium 1632.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 31.2 g