Recipe by sweetp
This has to be the biggest treat for my family and I when we all get together. The last 5 ingredients are easy to change for your taste. My Grandmother sometimes threw petzel sticks or tiny twist in too. Also makes a great salad topper if you are lucky enough to have any left overs.
- 12 -24 ounces Crispix cereal (1 box)
- 6 ounces Cheerios toasted oat cereal (1/2 of a 12 ounce box)
- 6 ounces plain corn flakes (1/2 of a 12 ounce box)
- 1 lb lightly salted mixed nuts
- 1⁄8 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the last 5 ingredients
- then fold in cereal and nuts into sauce mixture.
- next put mix on a baking sheet and bake.
- at 250 for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minute.
- if you can stand it let it cool down a bit before serving, as it will be very hot.