Recipe by Axel
Grandma keeps her Wiener schnitzel recipe a closely guarded secret. Unfortunately for her, it's not that hard to figure out. Anyway, it's a really easy and delicious way to prepare chicken or turkey breasts, or even the traditional veal. My husband demands I make it more than I can stand eating it.
- 1 lb turkey cutlets or 1 lb boneless chicken breasts or 1 lb veal, if you're feeling fancy
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 egg
- cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound meat until it is less than 1/4 inch thick.
- Into a large skillet, pour oil approximately 1/4-inch deep; heat until oil bubbles when you drop in a pinch of breadcrumbs.
- Beat egg, add:.
- 1 teaspoons lemon juice.
- Add parsley to breadcrumbs.
- Dredge meat in egg, then breadcrumb mixture; fry until golden brown on each side.
- Sprinkle with remaining lemon juice.