Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very easy, very addictive, verrry sinful. My grandma's "famous" recipe--famous to my family, that is. A Christmas tradition that we love to make and eat! GREAT for Christmas parties!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 -6 drops maple extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 8 (1 5/8 ounce) Hershey chocolate candy bars, broken into squares
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix butter, sugar, yolk, vanilla, extract and flour together.
- Spread onto ungreased cookie sheet 1/4-inch thick (use a rolling pin).
- Bake for 20 minutes, until edges start to brown and middle is set.
- While still warm, spread hersey bars on top (they'll melt, spread out chocolate evenly) and sprinkle on nuts.
- Cool just slightly and cut into squares.
- Pop one in your mouth and be amazed at how simple and yummy this recipe is.
- NOTE: (Serving amount depends on how big you cut your pieces. There is no rule to the size, but I like mine about 2 x 2-inches).