Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the mid 1950's, an easy and fast child pleaser, with a few variables to move the taste point around. Always a favourite for Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving, etc.!
- 1 cup sour cream (alternate, 1 cup yogurt)
- 1 cup drained fruit cocktail (alternate 1 cup maraschino cherries, drained)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup drained mandarin orange segments (canned)
- 1 cup kraft mini marshmallows
- Very simple.
- Assemble, mix thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate an hour or more, and serve.
I doubled this recipe except for the yogurt and loved it. I did use yogurt over sour cream because I am watching my weight, but I did use vanilla flavoured yogurt which suited this recipe very well.
My MIL makes this except she calls it "Ambrosia" either way I love this salad and it is a regular on our Easter dinner table. Thanks for sharing a great "old fashioned" recipe! :)
this is my recipe (can't remember where i got the recipe, think just word of mouth and now i am grandma! used to take this to so many "bring-your-own-dish" gatherings. but back then it wasn't just the kids who loved it, we all did. makes me smile to see it on the internet.