Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From my Mother-in-Law's private recipe book. Great down-home cooking.
- 12 cups cornbread, dried and crumbled
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup green onion top, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 10 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- stock, from turkey can be made and used
- Bake Cornbread the day before and allow it to dry.
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
- Crumble cornbread. In a big bowl, combine all ingredients in order given. Add enough liquid to make ingredients to the consistency of unbaked cornbread.
- Bake in an oven-proof 13" x 9" baking dish for 30 minutes. Check at 30 minutes and bake until desired moistness is reached.