Recipe by Sagelynne
I'm not sure where this recipe originally came from, maybe a box of jello? A jello mold was always a holiday tradition with my mom. This was always one of the kid's favorites. Pretty holiday color too - good for Thanksgiving or christmas.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages red Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold apple juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup diced apple
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1⁄4 cup nuts
- mayonnaise (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cinnamon into jello (before adding boiling water).
- Dissolve the jello/cinnamon mixture in boiling water.
- Add cold apple juice and chill until thick.
- Add apple, celery and nuts.
- Spoon into jello mold or 8x4 loaf pan.
- Refridgerate till set (over night is best).
- Mama used to serve it with a dollop of mayonnaise.