Recipe by CelestialShannon
This recipe is mostly the herbed breading to dredge pork chops or chicken in.
Top Review by duonyte
Our mother started doing this when the commercial crumb mixes first came out, but she did not want to spend the money for them. I sometimes use herbes de Provence or whatever gravs my attention, instead of garlic. Also, to reduce fat, try coating the chops or chicken with buttermilk (commercial, not milk with vinegar). The buttermilk coats the meat beautifully and gives the crumbs something to stick to, at a calorie saving.
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- pork chop
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients.
- Coat each pork chop with melted butter.
- Coat then with bread crumb mixture.
- Arrange on a shallow baking pan.
- Bake one and a half hours or longer in 350 degree oven uncovered.
- Make as many pork chops as desired.
- Save the leftover crumb mixture in the fridge in plastic container.
- Chicken can be substituted.