Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Soooo good... makes a lot! Freezes and reheats well.
- 16 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed, crumbled
- 1 medium white onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 48 fluid ounces seasoned pasta sauce
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- Heat a large nonstick skilet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and onion. Stir and cook until sausage is browned (about 10 minutes). Drain liquid. Stir in red pepper and garlic. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheeses, and basil. Mix until well blended.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce in a 13 x 9" baking pan. Add a layer of noodles, then a layer of cheese mixture, then a layer of sausage. Repeat (sauce, noodles, cheese, sausage). The topmost layers should be: sauce, noodles, sauce, tomato slices.
- Cover pan with foil. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, then remove foil, and bake until bubbly (about 15 minutes). Let stand for 5 minutes, then serve.