Recipe by cathyfood
This tasty and different side dish has been served at every Thanksgiving dinner in my memory. It’s good with any roasted meat, especially turkey and pork. Make 1 to 2 weeks ahead, store in refrigerator. For a large crowd, double the recipe. Serves 5 to 6.
- 29 ounces peach halves in syrup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 sticks cinnamon bark
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain syrup from peaches into a large saucepan. Add sugar, vinegar, and spices, and boil gently for 5 minutes.
- Add peach halves, return to boil, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Allow peaches to cool in syrup overnight to absorb flavor. Transfer to glass jar with enough syrup to cover, and store in refrigerator.