Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This tasty and different side dish has been served at every Thanksgiving dinner in my memory. It’s good with any roasted meat, especially turkey and pork. Make 1 to 2 weeks ahead, store in refrigerator. For a large crowd, double the recipe. Serves 5 to 6.
- 29 ounces peach halves in syrup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 sticks cinnamon bark
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- Drain syrup from peaches into a large saucepan. Add sugar, vinegar, and spices, and boil gently for 5 minutes.
- Add peach halves, return to boil, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Allow peaches to cool in syrup overnight to absorb flavor. Transfer to glass jar with enough syrup to cover, and store in refrigerator.