Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of those "wow" desserts that's almost a no brainer!
Make and share this Grand Marnier Grilled Oranges recipe from Food.com.
- Place orange slices in a shallow dish and cover with the booze.
- Turn a few times to coat and chill 1 hour up to 6.
- (I use a freezer bag) Grill orange slices, brushing with reserved marinade for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream like this.
- 1 small dollop of ice cream in the bottom of a glass, 1 slice orange, 1 dollop, 1 or 2 slices orange and drizzle a spot of fresh booze on top or left over marinade.
- You can use a sprig of mint if you like.
These were absolutely delightful, incredibly easy, and very pleasing to the eye. We marinated for about 2 hours, then threw them on the grill. They were done in a snap, and tasted incredible- I've never had a grilled orange before, much less one soaked in grand marnier! We layered in glasses as suggested, adding shaved Lindt chocolate on the side and in the layers, and topping with shaved chocolate curls and mint leaves. Our hosts were most impressed, and so were we- thank you for a wonderful summer recipe!!!
This is just a delicious recipe. My friends and family were just bowled over by the simplicity and taste of the recipe. It is SO easy to make. When I cut the cut into segments, I cut away the orange membranes of each segment so that I only had orange fresh. This made the each orange segments delicate to handle but well worth the effort. I soaked the oranges overnight. I grilled the oranges segments under the grill and served the oranges as per the recipe. The dessert looked fantastic. To be totally "naughty", I drizzled some home made chocolate sauce, Chocolate Sauce (throw away your hersheys!) Recipe 26276 by Steve Grinavic , over the top and dressed it with the sprig of mint. Congratulations Diana for a beautiful recipe and thank you for sharing it wit us. It is a WOOWer!!!!!
Brilliant recipe which is quite easy and looks most impressive. I used a mix of Apricot brandy and Mandarin liqueur as I was out of Grand Marnier or Cointreau. Worked beautifully. The mint is a must complementing the orange perfectly.