Recipe by Dib's
This is one of those "wow" desserts that's almost a no brainer!
Top Review by s'kat
These were absolutely delightful, incredibly easy, and very pleasing to the eye. We marinated for about 2 hours, then threw them on the grill. They were done in a snap, and tasted incredible- I've never had a grilled orange before, much less one soaked in grand marnier! We layered in glasses as suggested, adding shaved Lindt chocolate on the side and in the layers, and topping with shaved chocolate curls and mint leaves. Our hosts were most impressed, and so were we- thank you for a wonderful summer recipe!!!
- 6 large navel oranges, peeled,pith removed and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup Grand Marnier cordon rouge
- good quality vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place orange slices in a shallow dish and cover with the booze.
- Turn a few times to coat and chill 1 hour up to 6.
- (I use a freezer bag) Grill orange slices, brushing with reserved marinade for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream like this.
- 1 small dollop of ice cream in the bottom of a glass, 1 slice orange, 1 dollop, 1 or 2 slices orange and drizzle a spot of fresh booze on top or left over marinade.
- You can use a sprig of mint if you like.